Our Playlist

As the team is getting back into the swing of things here in Indy, I thought I would share a playlist of some of the songs we listened to/sang while we were in Falfurrias.  The songs served to both motivate us when we were exhausted and to lighted the mood when our hearts were heavy.  They also were a great way to bring the team closer together, which was important for our ability to complete our goals.
Here is the list of songs and brief description:

• “Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked” by Cage the Elephant
    • This song has been the theme for this mission since the beginning. We started every morning listening and singing along.
  • “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen
    • Suggested by Arden, this became our team’s theme, with us imagining ourselves in a 90’s sitcom intro.
  • “I Like Dirt” by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    • This is one I sang to myself most of the time. Really, the only applicable part is the chorus: “I like dirt, I like dirt.”
  • “Texas Song” by Sandy Cheeks
    • One day, Sammi surprised us all by singing every lyric to this song from Spongebob. We asked her to sing it again, but she insisted it had to come naturally. Which it did a few more times over the course of our trip.
  • “Sandstorm” by Darude
    • Honestly this song came out of nowhere. Sammi and Arden insisted that we had all heard it during our childhood roller rink days. Angela and I were skeptical, but nevertheless, still a great pump up jam.
  • “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
    • I am not sure what prompted our singing of this while trenching, but it’s a classic.
  • “Sandy” by John Travolta from Grease
    • The dirt we were digging in was quite sandy. Therefore, Sandy.
  • “Copacabana (At the Copa)” by Barry Manilow
    • We visited La Copa ranch. Pretty self explanatory.
  • “Itsy Bitsy Spider”
    • We sang this in the car with Eleanor, hand motions and all.

I hope you all like our song selections!

I have attached the Spotify link if anyone want to listen!

Sidney

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share